I went through 5 weeks of intense radiation treatment. I started August 19th and my last treatment was Sept. 20th. Radiation wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be ..... UNTILL the end lol. It started off with them tattooing me to plan where the beams would go, it was important to make sure they were consistent everyday. I received treatment everyday Monday -Friday and had to travel to Hamilton for each treatment. The treatment took about 10 min from start to finish. It took longer to drive there and home. I have to thank Dean for driving me to majority of my appointments and my mother for watching Alyssa majority of the time, I don't know what I would do without there help. Every week I'd meet with my radiation oncologist and she kept saying my symptoms would get worse lol. She was right, as it got closer to the end I started to experience more symptoms. My skin between thighs was red and burnt, very painful to walk. Each week got worse and worse. It was a really emotional and tough time but somehow I made it through ..... No idea how but I did!!!
MONDAY OCTOBER 27TH 2014 @ 8:25pm: in bed watching 2 Broke Girls and eating chocolate mmmm lol HOW I FEEL : tired .... stressed out .... exhausted Sooooo like the title of my blogspot states .... My anxiety for my 1 Year checkup has begun. I know right? 1 year already since my surgery and since I was told I officially kicked Cancers Ass #screwyousarcoma #youwillneverwin. My appointment is next Tuesday - bloodwork, X-ray and appointment with Dr. Ghert....the usual process. For some reason my anxiety seems higher because I really want to say I've been 1 year Cancer free. I just get so worked up and I ask myself if these appointments will EVER get easier, I'm told not really .... The anxiety gets less and less but never fully goes away. Awhile back I had joined this Facebook group for individuals that have or had chandrosarcomas .... In the beginning it seemed pretty awesome, reading other people's stories (from all over the world) and sharing mine...
Comments
Post a Comment