Skip to main content

Busy Busy Busy .......

THURSDAY OCTOBER 16TH 2014 @ 9:03pm: relaxing in bed, blogging and watching a movie 

HOW I FEEL:  tired, I think I am still recovering from a BUSY week and weekend --- I'm 30 but feel like I'm 80 sometimes haha

Busy Busy Busy is exactly how I can describe the last week.  Awesome week and I am still recovering lol.  Tuesday night; my mom and I took Alyssa to the Wiggles.  She loved it .... she just sat there taking it all in and I think was a little confused why Wiggles were on the stage and not TV lol.  This was her 2nd live show - in March she saw The Backyardigans.  It was a goodnight out with 2 of my favorite people.  Alyssa also enjoyed having a sleepover with mommy and GAMMA :)



Wednesday Night; was probably the BEST date night EVER!!!!!!!  Dan and I went and saw Russell Peters at the Aud.  We had bought the tickets months before and I was super excited to see him Live.  I have watched all his DVD's on Netflix and tons of Utube videos.   He is hilarous and even funnier seeing Live.  We had seats on the floor - it was great except for being squished right beside a stranger like shoulder to shoulder.  I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life lol!!!!!!!  After the show, we had backstage passes to meet RUSSELL PETERS .... yep I said it we got to meet him face to face and even better we got a picture with him.  Overall, an amazing night - lots of laughs, a few drinks and stayed up way past my bedtime bahahaha (there I go again sounding like an old lady).  

 Passes for meet and greet :):)

Awesome just Awesome :)

Long weekend we were busy with family Thanksgiving dinners and then Sunday night we had tickets to Rocktoberfest.  I had never been before, Dan wanted to go because one of his favorite bands The Trews was playing.  It was a fun night, however standing for 4.5 hours straight was not fun and I definitely paid for that for a day or two afterwards.  I enjoyed the live music, drinks with my hubby and again another late night (which I'm still recovering from) lol.  

@ Rocktoberfest 

Physio is coming along ---- I'm starting to see progress quicker then Ever.  We have really been focusing on posture, and strengthening my bad leg.  I do a lot of exercises with weights on my leg and focusing on trying to stand and put all weight on my back leg.  It's crazy how much you forget when you haven't walked in such a long time.  I literally have to retrain my brain how to do things and how to communicate to life it properly, to stop hip hiking, to use the correct muscles, to coordinate everything and focus on my core as well.  It's so many things at one time, that it's information overload.  However, each day seems to be getting better.  We have set some goals my therapist and I.  I'm not sure if I mentioned these goals in my last post ---- I am hoping to be walking with no cane come February and in Spring of 2015, signing myself up at a gym and doing my own workout routine.  It's important that I stay healthy and fit to protect the muscle and tissue around the implant.  I don't want to have to replace my implant for 30 years, instead of 15 years you know?  I'm pretty excited for the improvements I'm making and I'm even more important to announce in my blog that I'm walking with no assistance.  Oh, I almost forgot --- my new pink came in the mail.  BYE BYE old lady silver cane and HELLO fun pink cane :)  I've been rocking this cane around the house and short distances outside of the house.  It's hard work but I am so determined to walk with NOTHING, that I do what I got to do. 

Anyhow, I am falling asleep well typing lol .... I will blog more tomorrow night or during day when I'm a little more awake.  I want to share with you some struggles I've been facing.

Have a nice night 

Nite Nite 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Days in ICU and in Private Room

My days in ICU were alright I guess.  I spent a lot of time sleeping.  For the first few days my blood levels were everywhere and I ended up needing more blood after the surgery.  A lot of my time in ICU was a blur.  Saturday which was day after my surgery was Alyssa's first birthday.  I can't believe she is 1 already.  I did get to see her on her birthday which was nice, but I was tired and she was in a new place and got fussy pretty quick.  The morning of her birthday my sister in law and brother were kind enough to watch her and had a mini party for her.  See some of the pics below: She had a blast for her birthday and was totally spoiled.  Back to ICU days .... My doctors had thought I'd still have the breathing tube in a few days after surgery.  Everything went so well I was moved out of ICU by Tuesday.  I was moved to my own private room, it wasn't on the floor my doctor originally wanted me to be but it would work until a room opened up.  T

December 5th ..... Received some news I didn't want to hear ....

Hmmmm where to start......today was a rough and emotional day for me.  Started off ok, had my breakfast and watched abit of TV.  Hubby came up around 10am, I always feel more at ease when he is here with me.  Around 10:30am my physio team came in......as much as they push me so hard I love the head physio lady Jodi.  She is amazing with me and makes me feel so comfortable.  Everytime they come in my anxiety gets bad, I need to somehow learn to overcome that.  They pull me into a sitting position on end of bed and then make me stand using the walker.  I don't know why I get anxious because every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.  Today it felt extremely difficult standing up, even tho my therapists told me that they weren't supporting me as much today as they normally do.  They said I did an awesome job, so I'll go with that. Last night was my first night sleeping on my new mattress, it's definitely much more comfortable then the other bed I had.  It's an ai

I MADE IT ..... I'm in Kitchener at Freeport !!!!!!!!!

First I'll apologize for being so tardy with my blog lol.........since coming to Freeport it's been a huge adjustment for me mentally, physically and emotionally.  I got here Wednesday, arrived by Patient Transfer, bumpy ride that was lol......my mom was kind enough to ride with me.  When I got here I was put in a semi private room with a bunch of old ladies.  The lady that arranges everything was kind enough to boot one of the older ladies out of a private room and I got her room.  I kinda feel bad I took a little old 90 year olds room but oh well lol......I prefer private.  I think for the first couple days she kept thinking this was her room because she would wheel herself in lol!  First off, my room is nothing like the room in Hamilton, oh well.  Mom made my bulletin board brighter by adding colour to it and even brought me a stocking to hang off it.  Such a sweet mother I have.  I am glad to be closer to home, easy for family and friends to visit.  It's very different