Skip to main content

And so my anxiety begins .....

MONDAY OCTOBER 27TH 2014 @ 8:25pm: in bed watching 2 Broke Girls and eating chocolate mmmm lol

HOW I FEEL: tired .... stressed out .... exhausted

Sooooo like the title of my blogspot states .... My anxiety for my 1 Year checkup has begun.  I know right? 1 year already since my surgery and since I was told I officially kicked Cancers Ass #screwyousarcoma #youwillneverwin.  My appointment is next Tuesday - bloodwork, X-ray and appointment with Dr. Ghert....the usual process.  For some reason my anxiety seems higher because I really want to say I've been 1 year Cancer free.  I just get so worked up and I ask myself if these appointments will EVER get easier,  I'm told not really .... The anxiety gets less and less but never fully goes away.  Awhile back I had joined this Facebook group for individuals that have or had chandrosarcomas .... In the beginning it seemed pretty awesome, reading other people's stories (from all over the world) and sharing mine and sharing success stories but then in the last week or so it seems to have given me increased anxiety and stress from reading statistics that people post and some horrible stories about individuals and the cancer coming back.  I decided to remove myself from the group because it wasn't worth reading unnecessary information.  I am going to stick to my rule from day one and trust in what my surgeon says.....and try my hardest to not stress over my cancer coming back until it actually does.  This appointment next week should be interesting because I am curious to see what Dr. Ghert says about me returning to work in January.  I think I've asked every appointment for the last 6 months or so lol!!!!!! 

So what have I been up to the last few weeks ..... Hmmmmmm ..... This past Friday I attended the Relay for Life at Laurier Brantford with 4 girls from my support group.  My sister goes to Brantford 
'Laurier and her and her friends organized and made this awesome fundraiser happen.  She asked if 
we would lead the survivor lap; of course we couldn't say no.  It turned out to be an amazing night, we of course didn't stay all night because we are old ladies bahahaha ...... Christine did an amazing speech and we were all proud of her for sharing her story infront of everyone.  Thank you ladies for coming .... Look forward to next year. 



I'm still working hard at physio 3x a week.  They are starting to pick on me more and push me past limits I never thought I could do.  Which is great, because the ultimate goal is to say BYE BYE to the cane and HELLO to walking with nothing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Days in ICU and in Private Room

My days in ICU were alright I guess.  I spent a lot of time sleeping.  For the first few days my blood levels were everywhere and I ended up needing more blood after the surgery.  A lot of my time in ICU was a blur.  Saturday which was day after my surgery was Alyssa's first birthday.  I can't believe she is 1 already.  I did get to see her on her birthday which was nice, but I was tired and she was in a new place and got fussy pretty quick.  The morning of her birthday my sister in law and brother were kind enough to watch her and had a mini party for her.  See some of the pics below: She had a blast for her birthday and was totally spoiled.  Back to ICU days .... My doctors had thought I'd still have the breathing tube in a few days after surgery.  Everything went so well I was moved out of ICU by Tuesday.  I was moved to my own private room, it wasn't on the floor my doctor originally wanted me to be but it would work until a room opened up.  T

December 5th ..... Received some news I didn't want to hear ....

Hmmmm where to start......today was a rough and emotional day for me.  Started off ok, had my breakfast and watched abit of TV.  Hubby came up around 10am, I always feel more at ease when he is here with me.  Around 10:30am my physio team came in......as much as they push me so hard I love the head physio lady Jodi.  She is amazing with me and makes me feel so comfortable.  Everytime they come in my anxiety gets bad, I need to somehow learn to overcome that.  They pull me into a sitting position on end of bed and then make me stand using the walker.  I don't know why I get anxious because every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.  Today it felt extremely difficult standing up, even tho my therapists told me that they weren't supporting me as much today as they normally do.  They said I did an awesome job, so I'll go with that. Last night was my first night sleeping on my new mattress, it's definitely much more comfortable then the other bed I had.  It's an ai

I MADE IT ..... I'm in Kitchener at Freeport !!!!!!!!!

First I'll apologize for being so tardy with my blog lol.........since coming to Freeport it's been a huge adjustment for me mentally, physically and emotionally.  I got here Wednesday, arrived by Patient Transfer, bumpy ride that was lol......my mom was kind enough to ride with me.  When I got here I was put in a semi private room with a bunch of old ladies.  The lady that arranges everything was kind enough to boot one of the older ladies out of a private room and I got her room.  I kinda feel bad I took a little old 90 year olds room but oh well lol......I prefer private.  I think for the first couple days she kept thinking this was her room because she would wheel herself in lol!  First off, my room is nothing like the room in Hamilton, oh well.  Mom made my bulletin board brighter by adding colour to it and even brought me a stocking to hang off it.  Such a sweet mother I have.  I am glad to be closer to home, easy for family and friends to visit.  It's very different