Skip to main content

Feeling Pretty Good .......

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH 2014 @ 3:01PM: relaxing well munchie is sleeping

HOW I FEEL:  Awesome.  Been rocking 1 CANE around the house for the last 2 days and I seem to have a little more energy this week.

Well the most exciting news is that I have been rocking 1 cane around the house and feeling pretty damn good.  I struggle a little on the carpet upstairs because it's not a flat surface; like the tile and hardwood BUT none the less I am still doing it.  I haven't been brave enough to use one cane out running errands; MAYBE sooner then I think.  This weekend I am going to go shopping for a new cane.  Time to upgrade my granny silver cane to a pink one perhaps.  So exciting!  Soon I will have canes to match every outfit.  hahaha yeh right.  I also started acupuncture at physio yesterday; we are hoping that the acupuncture will help speed up the healing of my wound.  In 2 weeks we should know whether it's been working or not.  Cross your fingers - I figure it won't hurt to at least try it.  It feels like this wound is never going to heal but I am trying to stay positive that in will in time ....... my goal is by the new year;  that will be about a year since the wounds developed.

Just relaxing well getting acupuncture


I'm also pretty excited about planning Alyssa's 2nd Birthday Party.  We are doing a DORA theme and I have already made the invites.  I spent about 5.5 hours on them but they are super cute and absolutely A-DORA-ABLE hahaha!!!!!  We have booked the tumblebus for an hour and look forward to seeing all the kids have a blast. 




Alyssa is also loving gymnastics ... it's so cute to watch her develop into a little gymnast.  I am sad that I can't do the activities with her but its fun watching her have a blast with Daddy or Gamma and Papa.  Maybe next year or even in the new year ????  



I'm looking forward to next week.  It's going to BUSY BUSY BUSY but so much fun exciting things happening.  Tuesday night my mom and I are taking Alyssa to see the Wiggles at Center in the Square.  I am super excited to see her dance to all the music-I may even join in lol.  Wednesday, Dan and I are going to see Russell Peters and he has arranged for a 'meet and greet' after the show.  Super excited to meet him.  Huge fan of his :)   Then Sunday night we are going to Rocktoberfect at Queensmount.  I've never been, should be fun.

Anyway, Alyssa is now up ---- I will update soon :)
Much love, LoLo 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Days in ICU and in Private Room

My days in ICU were alright I guess.  I spent a lot of time sleeping.  For the first few days my blood levels were everywhere and I ended up needing more blood after the surgery.  A lot of my time in ICU was a blur.  Saturday which was day after my surgery was Alyssa's first birthday.  I can't believe she is 1 already.  I did get to see her on her birthday which was nice, but I was tired and she was in a new place and got fussy pretty quick.  The morning of her birthday my sister in law and brother were kind enough to watch her and had a mini party for her.  See some of the pics below: She had a blast for her birthday and was totally spoiled.  Back to ICU days .... My doctors had thought I'd still have the breathing tube in a few days after surgery.  Everything went so well I was moved out of ICU by Tuesday.  I was moved to my own private room, it wasn't on the floor my doctor originally wanted me to be but it would work until a room opened up.  T

December 5th ..... Received some news I didn't want to hear ....

Hmmmm where to start......today was a rough and emotional day for me.  Started off ok, had my breakfast and watched abit of TV.  Hubby came up around 10am, I always feel more at ease when he is here with me.  Around 10:30am my physio team came in......as much as they push me so hard I love the head physio lady Jodi.  She is amazing with me and makes me feel so comfortable.  Everytime they come in my anxiety gets bad, I need to somehow learn to overcome that.  They pull me into a sitting position on end of bed and then make me stand using the walker.  I don't know why I get anxious because every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.  Today it felt extremely difficult standing up, even tho my therapists told me that they weren't supporting me as much today as they normally do.  They said I did an awesome job, so I'll go with that. Last night was my first night sleeping on my new mattress, it's definitely much more comfortable then the other bed I had.  It's an ai

I MADE IT ..... I'm in Kitchener at Freeport !!!!!!!!!

First I'll apologize for being so tardy with my blog lol.........since coming to Freeport it's been a huge adjustment for me mentally, physically and emotionally.  I got here Wednesday, arrived by Patient Transfer, bumpy ride that was lol......my mom was kind enough to ride with me.  When I got here I was put in a semi private room with a bunch of old ladies.  The lady that arranges everything was kind enough to boot one of the older ladies out of a private room and I got her room.  I kinda feel bad I took a little old 90 year olds room but oh well lol......I prefer private.  I think for the first couple days she kept thinking this was her room because she would wheel herself in lol!  First off, my room is nothing like the room in Hamilton, oh well.  Mom made my bulletin board brighter by adding colour to it and even brought me a stocking to hang off it.  Such a sweet mother I have.  I am glad to be closer to home, easy for family and friends to visit.  It's very different