Skip to main content

Merry Christmas !!!!!

FRIDAY DECEMBER 19TH 2014 @ 9:15am: dropped munchie off at daycare and I'm relaxing on the couch with a Starbucks and watching a Christmas Movie

HOW I FEEL: wishing this cold would go away, it's been almost 2 weeks and I think it's overstayed it's welcome lol ACTUALLY it never was welcomed haha

I just realized I haven't updated my blog since Alyssa's birthday; that's over a month ago.  I'm horrible at keeping it up to date, I always say I promise I will get better at this but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe in the New Year ????

I can't believe Christmas is NEXT WEEK .... it doesn't feel like Christmas at all; maybe that's because our weather has been so bizarre the last few weeks and we don't have any snow.  

I've been doing a lot of thinking the last few days about where I was last year and how far I have come.  This is a special Christmas for me because I get to be home with my family and Christmas morning I can wake up with my munchie.  I am very thankful for having this 2nd chance at life and being able to be home for Christmas because let me tell you --- Christmas in the hospital is VERY depressing and lonely.  My family was great last year at having Christmas up at the hospital but it just wasn't the same.  Everyone thought I was crazy because the Christmas decorations came out first week of November and the tree was up and presents bought and wrapped and under the tree.  I am totally on the ball with everything Christmas related this year and it feels GOOD!!!  Everyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty particular about my tree and the placement of the decorations LOL .... the kids have there tree and I have mine that NOONE touches lol.  This year my mom helped me decorate and put it up or else it would've been a difficult task without her help.  



Soooo it's official I will be returning to work January 7th :):)  I met with my work last week to discuss arrangements and I left that meeting feeling very excited.  It's crazy to think I've been off work for 2 years, hard to believe sometimes.  I go back looking forward to it but also feel alittle nervous and anxious.  All good feelings of course but it's been 2 years and A LOT has changed at my work.  I should clarify --- things have changed in a good way but I am sure there will be things I need to be retrained on but then part of me feels like after a week or two I will get right back into the swing of things.  I will be returning 3 days a week and 2 hours a day to start.  Doesn't seem like a lot but I'm sure in a month or so I will be increasing those hours.  I will be continuing to do my physio 3 times a week for the month of January.  I like to think I'm a good planner and organizer so I will be able to juggle returning to work, physio, doctors appointments, household chores and being the best mommy I can for my munchie. 




I hope everyone has a Safe and Fabulous Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Days in ICU and in Private Room

My days in ICU were alright I guess.  I spent a lot of time sleeping.  For the first few days my blood levels were everywhere and I ended up needing more blood after the surgery.  A lot of my time in ICU was a blur.  Saturday which was day after my surgery was Alyssa's first birthday.  I can't believe she is 1 already.  I did get to see her on her birthday which was nice, but I was tired and she was in a new place and got fussy pretty quick.  The morning of her birthday my sister in law and brother were kind enough to watch her and had a mini party for her.  See some of the pics below: She had a blast for her birthday and was totally spoiled.  Back to ICU days .... My doctors had thought I'd still have the breathing tube in a few days after surgery.  Everything went so well I was moved out of ICU by Tuesday.  I was moved to my own private room, it wasn't on the floor my doctor originally wanted me to be but it would work until a room opened up.  T

December 5th ..... Received some news I didn't want to hear ....

Hmmmm where to start......today was a rough and emotional day for me.  Started off ok, had my breakfast and watched abit of TV.  Hubby came up around 10am, I always feel more at ease when he is here with me.  Around 10:30am my physio team came in......as much as they push me so hard I love the head physio lady Jodi.  She is amazing with me and makes me feel so comfortable.  Everytime they come in my anxiety gets bad, I need to somehow learn to overcome that.  They pull me into a sitting position on end of bed and then make me stand using the walker.  I don't know why I get anxious because every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.  Today it felt extremely difficult standing up, even tho my therapists told me that they weren't supporting me as much today as they normally do.  They said I did an awesome job, so I'll go with that. Last night was my first night sleeping on my new mattress, it's definitely much more comfortable then the other bed I had.  It's an ai

I MADE IT ..... I'm in Kitchener at Freeport !!!!!!!!!

First I'll apologize for being so tardy with my blog lol.........since coming to Freeport it's been a huge adjustment for me mentally, physically and emotionally.  I got here Wednesday, arrived by Patient Transfer, bumpy ride that was lol......my mom was kind enough to ride with me.  When I got here I was put in a semi private room with a bunch of old ladies.  The lady that arranges everything was kind enough to boot one of the older ladies out of a private room and I got her room.  I kinda feel bad I took a little old 90 year olds room but oh well lol......I prefer private.  I think for the first couple days she kept thinking this was her room because she would wheel herself in lol!  First off, my room is nothing like the room in Hamilton, oh well.  Mom made my bulletin board brighter by adding colour to it and even brought me a stocking to hang off it.  Such a sweet mother I have.  I am glad to be closer to home, easy for family and friends to visit.  It's very different