Skip to main content

1 Year Checkup ..... :):)

MONDAY NOVEMBER 11TH 2014 @ 7:17pm: just put Alyssa to bed and relaxing on the couch and watching Prison Break (yes I know it's old but I decided to watch all episodes again)

HOW I FEEL: good, feel like I have lots of energy the last few days

Last Tuesday I had my routine every 3 month appointment --- this appointment was a little more significant ---- it marked my 1 year checkup.  I guess that isn't entirely true my official one year CANCERVERSARY is November 22nd but close enough.  I was my usual anxious self, worried what the xray results would show.  I'm happy to say the scans were CLEAR, implant looks good and lungs are clear also.  My surgeon was impressed and thrilled with how far I have come and was blown away with my walking and rocking the one cane lol!  I have a routine CT Scan coming up end of November and I know those results will come back clear also.  Trying to remain positive.

I'm looking forward to this week --- tomorrow I am putting my Christmas Tree up ---- Yes I know, it's only November but I didn't get a true Christmas last year so I have decided that I am going all out. Thursday, Dan and I leave for the Young Adults with Cancer Retreat in Coburg.  I am pretty excited and a little nervous all at the same time.  I think it will be really good for both of us individually and for our marriage.  From what I have heard, individuals who have gone said it was the best thing they could've done for themselves.  I will blog about that when we return ... :)

Update on my Physio ---- I'm still working hard and the past few weeks I have started to really see improvements with my strength and endurance.  I'm starting to trust my leg a little more and retrain my brain.  It definitely isn't easy, but I am starting to see that hard work truly does pay off.   I ran into a physiotherapist that I worked with at Freeport back in December, she was blown away with how well I am doing.  When I worked with her in December; I was at the point with my physio where I was anxious to even sit on the side of the bed, forget standing or walking.  I try so hard to remember back to those times but honestly it's all a big blur.  I was a totally different person mentally and emotionally.  I'm glad I dug myself out of that dark hole.  I don't ever want to go back there.

Another exciting update is that I am hoping to progress back to work on a gradual return to work in January.  I am excited and scared all at the same time ... it's been 2 years and a lot has changed at my work place.  I am sure that I will jump in and within a few weeks it will feel like I never left.  I am very appreciative for the support of my workplace through all this and for being so accommodating with my return to work.  I look forward to having some 'normalcy' back in my life and working with the wonderful ladies in my HR Department.  

Alyssa is going to be 2 this month ..... TWO YEARS OLD ALREADY .... Can you believe it??? I honestly can't.  It's crazy how quickly time flies.  She is the best daughter I could've asked for ... she has been the reason I keep pushing and pushing to get better.  She drives me nuts some days, but that is all what the mom of a toddler is about, so they say.  I love being her mama --- she tests my patience, makes me smile, makes me laugh and gives me a reason to enjoy life day by day.  The things that she says are so darn adorable.

Oh almost forgot ---- Alyssa had a blast trick or treating with her cousins.  I wasn't sure she would last long going house to house, but she ended walking the whole block with daddy and was so proud of all the candy she got.  Isn't she the cutest little giraffe you ever seen ???? LOL!!!!!!



Maddy look at my candy...

Miss Independent ... 'Mama me doooo'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Days in ICU and in Private Room

My days in ICU were alright I guess.  I spent a lot of time sleeping.  For the first few days my blood levels were everywhere and I ended up needing more blood after the surgery.  A lot of my time in ICU was a blur.  Saturday which was day after my surgery was Alyssa's first birthday.  I can't believe she is 1 already.  I did get to see her on her birthday which was nice, but I was tired and she was in a new place and got fussy pretty quick.  The morning of her birthday my sister in law and brother were kind enough to watch her and had a mini party for her.  See some of the pics below: She had a blast for her birthday and was totally spoiled.  Back to ICU days .... My doctors had thought I'd still have the breathing tube in a few days after surgery.  Everything went so well I was moved out of ICU by Tuesday.  I was moved to my own private room, it wasn't on the floor my doctor originally wanted me to be but it would work until a room opened up.  T

December 5th ..... Received some news I didn't want to hear ....

Hmmmm where to start......today was a rough and emotional day for me.  Started off ok, had my breakfast and watched abit of TV.  Hubby came up around 10am, I always feel more at ease when he is here with me.  Around 10:30am my physio team came in......as much as they push me so hard I love the head physio lady Jodi.  She is amazing with me and makes me feel so comfortable.  Everytime they come in my anxiety gets bad, I need to somehow learn to overcome that.  They pull me into a sitting position on end of bed and then make me stand using the walker.  I don't know why I get anxious because every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.  Today it felt extremely difficult standing up, even tho my therapists told me that they weren't supporting me as much today as they normally do.  They said I did an awesome job, so I'll go with that. Last night was my first night sleeping on my new mattress, it's definitely much more comfortable then the other bed I had.  It's an ai

I MADE IT ..... I'm in Kitchener at Freeport !!!!!!!!!

First I'll apologize for being so tardy with my blog lol.........since coming to Freeport it's been a huge adjustment for me mentally, physically and emotionally.  I got here Wednesday, arrived by Patient Transfer, bumpy ride that was lol......my mom was kind enough to ride with me.  When I got here I was put in a semi private room with a bunch of old ladies.  The lady that arranges everything was kind enough to boot one of the older ladies out of a private room and I got her room.  I kinda feel bad I took a little old 90 year olds room but oh well lol......I prefer private.  I think for the first couple days she kept thinking this was her room because she would wheel herself in lol!  First off, my room is nothing like the room in Hamilton, oh well.  Mom made my bulletin board brighter by adding colour to it and even brought me a stocking to hang off it.  Such a sweet mother I have.  I am glad to be closer to home, easy for family and friends to visit.  It's very different